The side sleepers look for a mattress which complements their natural sleeping posture which is sleeping on the side of their body. A mattress with good support for side sleepers is the one which contour right according to the different curves of their body and also evenly distribute the weight of their body. The best mattress for side sleepers available in the market is by far the memory foam which is typically designed to support such body postures. A lot of research done in such systems reveals that they have a lot of disadvantages as well, which are other than the many perks that the user experience. The comfort seekers should evaluate both the disadvantages and the advantages before they come up with their own decision. However, it has been observed that the advantages easily outnumber the disadvantages which make the memory foam ideal for the side sleepers. Still, it is important to discuss the disadvantages and advantages as well, which we will see in the sections to come.
Advantages of memory foam:
There are a number of advantages with the memory foam mattresses which are given below for your kind consideration:
- The major advantage of the memory foam is its capability to evenly distribute the weight of the body which eventually helps the users to relieve all the pressure points of the human body. This is a capability which no other air, spring or the latex mattress will offer.
- The memory foam requires body heat, which then allows it to soften the surface and then supports all the natural curves and shape of the human body.
- The memory foams are known to isolate movements in the bed. If you have a queen or king size mattress which you are sharing with your partner, then the partner sleeping with you will be completely unaware about your movement or turns that you take while sleeping on the bed.
- The top quality memory foam which comes with the minimum foam density of 5 pounds is known to be very durable and will last for a long time to come with no issue noticed in terms of its deteriorating quality.
- The side sleepers will have the best benefit associated with this system. Using a pillow of memory foam type will give you a lot more benefits. Your shoulder and neck will be well protected and you will have lesser issues related to falling off the pillow while sleeping. It is a common problem which people issues in many other types of pillow available in the market.
Disadvantages of memory foam:
The following are the rime disadvantages which are few but still worth having a look at:
- The foams of this type have greater sensitivity to heat and for this reason there are at times when people find themselves sweating a lot when sleeping on such type of mattress.
- There is another issue reported which is that the memory foams are known to take a considerable amount of time to adjust their body into different other postures.
- There is a big off gassing where the foam emits some dangerous chemical gas, which can be hazardous to human health. However, this is an issue related to only substandard foams produced by ill-reputed manufacturer. If you shop well for the best product and the best manufacturer who is certified then this problem can be eliminated. Another common issue is that of the unpleasant odor, which is common, but not as dangerous as the gas. It fades away in some time.
So memory foam might be a best mattress for side sleepers but it comes with its own range of pros and cons that you should be considering very well.